Monday, March 5, 2012

Word Choice

I would be the first to tell you that I have poor time management skills.  My boss would probably be the second, and my coach the third.  I was always a crammer.  I crammed in high school and in college.  It just worked of me.  Well, it does not work for me NOW! I thought I would have become a cramming expert, but that is not the case when you are working full time.

So, I'm trying to work on this issue of time management.  I work long hours as a teacher.  A teacher's job is NEVER done.  We have work at work, after work work, weekend work, summer vacation work to get ready for the school year work.  It's WORK!  So, when am I going to find time to read and write?? 

Here's the plan.  I can not work at home for "work".  Meaning, work can only be done at work, and reading and writing has to be done at home.  We'll see how long this last.... :/

I realize that my kids use the words that I use!  I use words, and tell them the definition immediately after.  If I use a word an unknown word, they do not hesitate to ask me what it means.  This should be happening at home as well.  If you use three syllable words, your kids while use three syllable words.  If you use profanity, your kids will use profanity.  This goes for words of endearment, and words that hurt.  Use the words that you want your kids to use.  

Today was rough, but I made it through. 

Educationally Yours
T.W.T

No comments:

Post a Comment