Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tray 1 or Tray 4?

It's only Tuesday, but I feel like it's Thursday!  Teacher work HARD!  Today was a good day.  I started the day very sleepy, but still had enough energy to do what I do best (according to me).


Teaching middle school students can be tough.  I've taught kindergarden, second grade, and third grade.  They all are different and tough in some way.  However, middle school is when kids are getting to know who they are and what they will and will not stand for.  So they think...  However, I walked in on a 7th grade class yesterday and was quite intrigued by what I heard.  The teacher was obviously upset.  I only caught the tail end of the conversation, but I did catch, "you haven't learned anything, because you talk too much".  I heard more that I will not repeat.  I was curious as to how the conversation started.  Did the kids complain about not learning?  I always tell my kids to be mad about failing, or about not learning.  Did somebody tell these kids this before?  Were they trying to take a stance, or be disruptive?  I didn't ask any questions, because the situation seemed pretty tensed.  But, we have to teach kids to stand up for the right things.  Teach them to not be a disruptive force, but an effective force against what isn't working for them.

I'll say it.  I absoutuley, under no circumstance, do not like copy machines!!  As copy machines become more technologically advance, they become public enemy #1 to teachers! I often envision myself pulling an "Office Space" on the copy machine in my school.


Today it was the projector!  The projector's bulb when out.  My kids had to learn in a way that they may have never learned before.  I had to write on the board, as they copied and worked hard at listening. Technology was not my friend today!

Educationally Yours,
T.W.T

No comments:

Post a Comment