Thursday, December 2, 2010

Facebook, Twitter, and by Invitation Only....

So, each class get to practice on study island each week.  And we have to remind students of their user names and passwords EACH WEEK since September!!  Yes, it's DECEMBER!  LOL...  Today I just couldn't take it!  I asked one student, "do you forget your user name on facebook or myspace?"  He said "I don't play on the computer".  One of his classmates said "I can get you on twitter and get you 3 million followers".  I was quite intrigued, because I only have about 100 followers on twitter, and he has 3 million!!  LOL.... I think I had a look of interest on my face once he said that....lol....  

Dear StudyIsland, How about you REMOVE the case sensitivity in your user names and passwords!  Kids have a hard enough time remembering the the user name alone, but an even harder timer remembering what letters to capitalize and what letters not to capitalize!  They spend more time trying to log on and raising their hand, than actually practicing!!

Apparently my students are starting a new club and were handing out "invitations" aka pieces of spiral notebook paper notes.  I thought they were passing notes (which they were), but I couldn't get mad after I read it.  One of the stipulations of the "invitation" was "Will you follow directions, yes or no"....  I'm interested in knowing who will answer that question truthfully.

I got a chance to drive one of my students home today after tutoring.  He started to walk toward his house, but doubled back.  He wanted to make sure I knew how to make it to the highway to get home :)

Educationally Yours,
The Wimpy Teacher!

1 comment:

  1. Damn near all of my friends are teachers. Some hang and bang till the wee hours of the morning like me, only to get up a few hours later with the future of America in their hands. Others are able to literally text me back & forth all day which leaves me wondering when they're actually teaching.

    To me, the best measure of how involved of a teacher my friends are is how often they come home to tell stories about their classes, anecdotes about their students.

    With that being said, it's quite apparent you take your job quite seriously and love what you do (now). Kudos to you babe!

    ReplyDelete